Pizza Romana pinsa romana ricetta Recipe: The Authentic Traditional Recipe For One Of Rome’s Greatest Dishes
A traditional recipe for the Romana Pizza, Rome’s most famous dish.
Preparation for Making the Dough pinsa romana ricetta
To make the authentic pinsa romana ricetta Pizza Romana dough, you will need:
In a large bowl, mix together the semolina flour, all-purpose flour, and yeast. Add the salt and olive oil, and slowly add the warm water until the dough comes together. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, then cover and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour. Once it has doubled in size, shape it into a ball and let it rest for another 10 minutes before using it to make your pizza.
How to Make the Pizza Dough pinsa romana ricetta
1) 1 kg (2.2 lb) of plain flour
2) 2 tsp of salt
3) 1 tsp of sugar
4) 7g of fresh yeast or 1/2 tsp of dry yeast
5) 500ml (17 fl oz) of tepid water
6) Extra virgin olive oil
1) Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the yeast. Add half of the water and start to mix, gradually adding more water until you have a soft, sticky dough.
2) Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and set aside to rise for 1-2 hours.
3) Preheat the oven to its pinsa romana ricetta highest setting. Divide the dough into 4 balls and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll out each ball into a thin circle.
4) Place the pizza bases on baking trays and brush with olive oil. Add your favorite toppings and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Frying the Dough
In a large frying pan, heat 1/2 cup of olive oil over medium heat. Add the dough and fry for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
The Tomato Sauce
There are a few key ingredients pinsa romana ricetta that make up the perfect tomato sauce for pizza. Firstly, you’ll need to use fresh, ripe tomatoes. canned tomatoes will not give you the same results. You’ll also need to add some garlic, onion, and oregano to give the sauce some flavor. Finally, you’ll need to add a bit of sugar to balance out the acidity of the tomatoes.
If you’re looking for a truly authentic pizza sauce recipe, look no further than this one from Rome. This traditional recipe is sure to please even the most discerning pizza aficionados.
How to Put the Pizza Together
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of water, and 1 teaspoon of salt until the dough forms a ball.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it out into a 12-inch circle.
- Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
- Add 8 ounces of sliced mozzarella cheese and 2 ounces of thinly sliced pepperoni to the pizza.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or pinsa romana ricetta until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.